Poetry for programmers
Workshop (1.5 hours)
What are poems, if not elegantly encoded experiences captured in compact text?
Unlike A.I. systems, we humans can take fuzzy knowledge from wholly different fields and apply them elsewhere. In this workshop I’ll introduce you to the field of poetry with the goal of yielding some fresh perspectives on both writing and programming.
Maybe the worlds of code and poems lie too far afield to inspire each other, or maybe there’s something there that can spark better, clearer, more succinct writing? In this workshop we’ll play with this idea.
- An introduction to poetry.
- Hands-on exercises on poetry within the context of code.
- This workshop is open to all interested people. You don’t have to be a programmer to attend. You don’t need to consider yourself good at writing (nor programming). Feel free to write in Norwegian and/or English. You just need to be curious and be willing to try new things.
- You’ll need a laptop with git installed and a code editor. If in doubt I can recommend the VS Code editor.
- I will not make you recite poetry out loud. This will be a safe space for personal text exploration.
Hope to see you in my workshop!